What’s a dichotomous key? Get HelpSee list of 6 species in this genus
- Group 1Lycophytes, Monilophytes
- Group 2Gymnosperms
- Group 3Monocots
- Group 4Woody angiosperms with opposite or whorled leaves
- Group 5Woody angiosperms with alternate leaves
- Group 6Herbaceous angiosperms with inferior ovaries
- Group 7Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries and zygomorphic flowers
- Group 8Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, and 2 or more distinct carpels
- Group 9Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, connate petals, and a solitary carpel or 2 or more connate carpels
- Group 10Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, distinct petals or the petals lacking, and 2 or more connate carpels
References: Weaver (1970), Rabeler et al. (2005).
2b. Leaf blades soft, flat; stem glabrous; sepals oblong to oblong-ovate; petals slightly retuse at apex
4b. Sepals rigid, acute at apex; leaves deciduous or marcescent, but not densely clothing the lower portion of branches; capsules 3–5 mm long, with valves that are entire at apex
Show photos of: Each photo represents one species in this genus.