Sign up for PlantShare!
As a member of PlantShare, you will be able to:
- Upload photos of plants to share with others
- Create checklists of plants you want to keep track of
- Publish the location of the plants you have seen on your own map
- Ask one of our expert botanists questions Sign Up
Ask the Botanist
Our ace botanists are here to help you identify wild New England plants and to answer questions about their ecology and conservation. When posting a question, please provide the location, habitat (e.g. river, mountain, woodland), and photographs of the plant.
Everyone can read the answers, but only logged-in users can ask questions. Log in to ask a question.
Recently Answered Questions
- I saw a tree recently (see photo)—is this a hemlock?
- Yes, it is Eastern Hemlock, Tsuga canadensis. (test: answered at gobotany-dev) (Thursday, 18 March 2021)
- I am wondering what this plant is. Is it Aronia arbutifolia?
- Yes, that does appear to be Aronia arbutifolia. (Thursday, 29 October 2020)
- What is this evergreen tree?
- That tree is Tsuga canadensis: eastern hemlock. (Thursday, 22 September 2016)