Sign up for PlantShare!
As a member of PlantShare, you will be able to:
- Upload photos of plants to share with others
- Create checklists of plants you want to keep track of
- Publish the location of the plants you have seen on your own map
- Ask one of our expert botanists questions Get Started
Ask the Botanist
Our ace botanists are here to help you identify wild New England plants and to answer questions about their ecology and conservation. When posting a question, please provide the location, habitat (e.g. river, mountain, woodland), and photographs of the plant.
Everyone can read the answers, but only logged-in users can ask questions. Log in to ask a question.
Recently Answered Questions
- What is this evergreen tree?
- That tree is Tsuga canadensis: eastern hemlock. (Thursday, 22 September 2016)
- What about this lighter-leaved plant?
- Magnolia virginiana (although the thumbnail that is showing is incorrect). (Friday, 16 September 2016)
- What is this plant with these cones?
- It's Tsuga canadensis, although the thumbnail is "stuck" in the form and Admin (look at the full image). (Friday, 16 September 2016)