- Group 1Lycophytes, Monilophytes
- Group 2Gymnosperms
- Group 3Monocots
- Group 4Woody angiosperms with opposite or whorled leaves
- Group 5Woody angiosperms with alternate leaves
- Group 6Herbaceous angiosperms with inferior ovaries
- Group 7Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries and zygomorphic flowers
- Group 8Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, and 2 or more distinct carpels
- Group 9Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, connate petals, and a solitary carpel or 2 or more connate carpels
- Group 10Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, distinct petals or the petals lacking, and 2 or more connate carpels
Schedonorus has traditionally been included in Festuca. However, many morphological features unite this genus with Lolium rather than Festuca (e.g., auricle morphology, ovary indumentum, style attachment, leaf blade morphology). Reference: Darbyshire (2007).
1b. Lemma awns absent or up to 2 (–4) mm long; leaf blades 2–10 (–12) mm wide
Show photos of: Each photo represents one species in this genus.