- Group 1Lycophytes, Monilophytes
- Group 2Gymnosperms
- Group 3Monocots
- Group 4Woody angiosperms with opposite or whorled leaves
- Group 5Woody angiosperms with alternate leaves
- Group 6Herbaceous angiosperms with inferior ovaries
- Group 7Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries and zygomorphic flowers
- Group 8Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, and 2 or more distinct carpels
- Group 9Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, connate petals, and a solitary carpel or 2 or more connate carpels
- Group 10Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, distinct petals or the petals lacking, and 2 or more connate carpels
Gilia capitata Sims ssp. capitata was reported from VT by Atwood et al. (1973). However, the voucher specimen was collected from cultivated material (i.e., this species is not known to be naturalized in VT; specimen at SJFM).
1b. Arachnoid hairs not present on vegetative organs (though other types of hairs may be present); capsule with 10–36 seeds
Show photos of: Each photo represents one species in this genus.