- Group 1Lycophytes, Monilophytes
- Group 2Gymnosperms
- Group 3Monocots
- Group 4Woody angiosperms with opposite or whorled leaves
- Group 5Woody angiosperms with alternate leaves
- Group 6Herbaceous angiosperms with inferior ovaries
- Group 7Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries and zygomorphic flowers
- Group 8Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, and 2 or more distinct carpels
- Group 9Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, connate petals, and a solitary carpel or 2 or more connate carpels
- Group 10Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, distinct petals or the petals lacking, and 2 or more connate carpels
The generic placement of species of Oligoneuron is controversial. Recent arguments to include these species within Solidago (e.g., Semple et al. 1999) are inconclusive given that the data used in the analyses were uniparentally inherited (cp DNA) and Oligoneuron is not nested within Solidago as stated by the authors—it was nested within Solidago only because they considered Oreochrysum parryi (Gray) Rydb. to be part of Solidago (see Nesom 2006d for rationale that Oreochrysum is distinct from Solidago).
Show photos of: Each photo represents one species in this genus.