- Group 1Lycophytes, Monilophytes
- Group 2Gymnosperms
- Group 3Monocots
- Group 4Woody angiosperms with opposite or whorled leaves
- Group 5Woody angiosperms with alternate leaves
- Group 6Herbaceous angiosperms with inferior ovaries
- Group 7Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries and zygomorphic flowers
- Group 8Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, and 2 or more distinct carpels
- Group 9Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, connate petals, and a solitary carpel or 2 or more connate carpels
- Group 10Herbaceous angiosperms with superior ovaries, actinomorphic flowers, distinct petals or the petals lacking, and 2 or more connate carpels
- You are here:
- Dichotomous Key
Report of Petunia ×atkinsiana D. Don ex Loud. (as P. ×hybrida Vilm.) by Sorrie and Somers (1999) was based on a synonymy that incorrectly included both P. axillaris and P. integrifolia (as P. violacea). Specimens of P. ×atkinsiana are unknown from New England.
1b. Corolla purple to light purple or pink-red, with a funnelform basal tube 29–36 mm long that is conspicuously expanded upward; stamens inserted near the base of the basal tube of the corolla and barely extending past the midpoint of the tube; stems sometimes prostrate in basal portion
Show photos of: Each photo represents one species in this genus.